Yesterday, Apple announced the newest family member to the iPhone series, the iPhone SE. While some people loved the announcement, others didn’t take kindly of it and swarmed message boards and forums. The iPhone SE looks identical to the iPhone 5S but with double the CPU performance and triple GPU performance than the iPhone 5s. It also has a better camera capable of 4K recording. Apple did state before that it was coming out with a smaller, less costly iPhone to target people that don’t want to pay the full price of an iPhone 6s but still want an iPhone at hand. The smaller iPhone will be ideal for children or people with smaller hands.
- It looks almost EXACTLY like an iPhone 5/5s.
- It has a 64 bit A9 processor and the M9 motion coprocessor.
- The iPhone SE is a 4-inch model, but it’s as powerful as the iPhone 6S.
- You can get it in Rose gold, Space Grey, Silver & Gold.
- It works with hands-free “Hey Siri.”
- 12-megapixel camera, 2 Tone Flash, Live Photos, Focus Pixels, Better Battery Life.
- 3D Touch is not available. The phone will come with iOS 9.3.
- “The most powerful 4-inch phone ever.”
- 64-bit A9 Processor.
- M9 Motion Co-Processor.
- Rear camera: 12MP iSight, f/2.2, 1.22µm pixel size.
- Front-facing camera: 1.2MP FaceTime HD, f/2.4.
- Screen resolution: 1,136 x 640 (326ppi)
- 4K at 30fps
- 1080p upto 60fps.
- Faster WiFi (802.11ac)
- WiFi Calling
- Bluetooth 4.2
- Faster LTE
- Voice over LTE
- Focus Pixels
- Retina Flash
- Live Photos
- 63MP Panoramas
- Slo Mo upto 240 fps
- New Microphones
- Improved Battery Life (13 hours of Wi-Fi browsing and 14 hours of talk time)
- Always On “Hey Siri”
- Apple Pay
- iOS 9.3
Tech Specs [To Be Confirmed]
- RAM: (2GB)
In the Box
- The iPhone with iOS 9
- Apple Earpods with Remote and Mic
- Lightning to USB cable
- 5W USB Power Adapter
- $399 for 16GB model.
- $499 for 64GB model.
- If you’re using the iPhone Upgrade program, pricing starts at $17/month.
- Preorder on March 24.
- Launched on March 31st.
- Will be available in 100 countries by the end of May.
Word of advice, if you’re planning on purchasing the new iPhone SE, plan to buy a new case for it now. Knowing how the market it and how Apple is, they will more than likely hike up the prices on the iPhone 5 and iPhone 5s cases and re-brand them for the iPhone SE. Not certain but it is possible!