iphone 7 Leaks
Apple plans to produce a single iPhone 7 Plus, which should be the rumored iPhone 7 Pro. Previous rumors suggested that the next generation iPhone will have three models– 4.7-inch iPhone 7, 5.5-inch iPhone 7 Plus and iPhone 7 Pro. The 5.5 inches iPhone will carry a dual-lens camera with limited optical zoom capabilities due to design constraints, and 3GB RAM, increasing 50% from iPhone 6S Plus’s 2GB RAM. He explained, more RAM is “to meet image processing requirements”. iPhone 7 Plus shipments at 20-30 million units in fiscal 2016. The iPhone 7 Plus will outfit Smart Connector and dual-lens cameras exclusively.
According to these leaks, iPhone 7 will not sport Smart Connector and dual-lens cameras. The handset will keep the single-lens camera design. Both of iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus will retain the single speaker, rather than the rumored stereo speakers.
The blueprint also showed the new handsets have same dimensions with its predecessors–iPhone 7 measures at 138.30 mm x 67.12 mm x 7.1 mm, and iPhone 7 Plus come in at 158.22 mm x 77.94 mm x 7.3 mm.
What to expect
1) Apple will launch new iPhones in September 2016: probably two, maybe three. The iPhone 7 Plus didn’t make an appearance at Apple’s 21 March launch event – instead, Apple unveiled the 4-inch iPhone SE. We will almost certainly have to wait until autumn 2016 for a new 5.5-inch iPhone 7 Plus, and September is the traditional month for an iPhone launch.
2) In autumn we expect to see a 4.7-inch phone (the iPhone 7), and a 5.5-inch model (the iPhone 7 Plus). It’s unlikely that Apple will make another 4-inch iPhone so soon after the iPhone SE, but this cannot be ruled out entirely.
3) After the physically near-identical iPhone 6 Plus and iPhone 6s Plus, the iPhone 7 Plus should get a substantial physical redesign. It’s too early to know what direction Apple will pick, but it’s likely to be thinner than ever.
4) Battery life in the iPhone 7 Plus may be slightly improved, but Jony Ive’s comments have made it plain that Apple doesn’t consider a higher battery life to be worth significant sacrifices in other areas.
5) Higher screen resolution is possible but a long shot. Of the two iPhone 7 models the 4.7-inch unit is more likely to get a resolution bump – pushing it up to the same pixel density (401ppi) as the Plus model – but even that would remove one of Apple’s differentiators between the two handsets. The most likely outcome is for the 7 and 7 Plus to have the same resolution ratings as the 6s and 6s Plus. A harder screen material would play well, on the other hand, whether Apple manages to resurrect the sapphire situation or goes with Corning’s new Project Phire.
6) Please, Apple, please: it’s time to phase out 16GB as the lowest storage offering. (This has now happened in the iPad Pro line, with the Pro 9.7 and Pro 12.9 both starting at 32GB.) 16GB is nowhere near enough in this day and age. We hope and expect the iPhone 7 Plus to start at 32GB, with further 64GB and 128GB options. One rumour suggests that, like the iPad Pro models, the 7 Plus may even go as high as 256GB.
7) Remaining rumours: USB-C port? Unlikely. 3D screen: no. Curved display: probably not. Flexible display: nope. Edge-to-edge screen: yes, quite possibly. Wireless charging: quite possibly. Better waterproofing: a reasonable bet. No headphone jack: quite possibly. Dual camera: quite possibly.